Saturday, May 2, 2015

New Track: Fifty Shades of Blue

Damn, it's been a while since I made a post on here.

What's been up?

Well, what's been happening is Ferguson exploded and now Baltimore is exploding and tensions between the police and the Black community are simmering to a boil.

I wrote this track because I was inspired by the death of Mike Brown and the outrage and the death of Eric Garner and the outrage.

I tried to see it from both sides of the issue, because I feel like that's the only way we're gonna get anywhere.

I didn't want to just vilify the police because it's cool to hate the cops or because I'm Black and I'm supposed to.

I wanted to write the song from the perspective of a guy who genuinely in his heart wanted to do good and didn't intend to do anything other than bring justice and security to a neighborhood he grew up in.

I also chose to wrote the song from the perspective of a young Black man because it must be hard to straddle the two worlds between the police and the Black community which always seem to be at odds, because there are some Black cops who are generally ignored in all the hoopla and outrage.

So, here it is.

"Fifty Shades of Blue"

No comments:

Post a Comment